- Twitter is for brief observations and links.
- Facebook is for slightly personal status updates.
- Reddit is for chatting with strangers about things arcane, ridiculous, and (occasionally) poignant.
- Livejournal is for rambling.
- Tumblr is for tastemaking. I don't use it because it seems like a bad place for content creators, since it encourages other tumblr users to re-post your stuff with minimal credit. I will probably get on the bandwagon eventually, though.
- Deviantart is very much for content creators. I still don't use it. I make funny stuff for the internet mostly, not "art" in a conventional sense, and I guess deviantart never felt like my scene. I have an account though, since it's a wonderful place to find fresh eye candy.
- Formspring is for people who like to talk about themselves. I might like to pour out my thoughts on the internet, but I'm still too private to tell strangers to "ask me anything." A formspring account feels like a promise I can't keep.
- Ustream is for streaming yourself. A lot of people have video blogs. I admire their devil-may-care attitude. The idea of putting myself in front of a camera for everyone to laugh at terrifies me. I have considered streaming my drawing process while making comics, but my art is just not impressive enough, nor am I disciplined enough to have a lot of structured "sit down and draw" time.
Also, since I haven't posted any comics lately, here's a slightly relevant one from a few weeks ago:
And here's one I made two days ago. It depicts me and Jim. I got all warm and fuzzy drawing us holding hands:
There are a good deal more new drawings on stickycomics.com if you want to go over there and see what's new. Sorry I stopped cross-posting everything. I love my livejournal but updating every time was getting to be too much work ...
See you soon :)